Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
God Has Come to Rule and Save – Matthew 3:1-12
- What did John’s location, clothing, and diet point to?
- How did John prepare people for Jesus’s ministry?
- What is repentance? Why does John emphasize bearing fruit with repentance?
- Why was John baptizing people? What was new about his baptism?
- What is the kingdom of heaven (God)? How is it present already?
- What role should repentance have in the life of a Christian?
Other Passages to Consider:
1 Kings 17:3-7; 2 Kings 1:7-8; Isa 4:4; 10:33-34; 30:27-28; 32:25; 40:1-11; Ezek 36:26-27; Joel 3:1-2; Zech 13:4,9; Hos 2:14-15; Mal 3:2-4; 4:5-6; Matt 11:14; 17:17:11-13; John 8:39-44; Rom 4:11-18; 9:6-8
The Pursuit of My Life – Psalm 27:4-6, 8
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What is David’s passion in life? How does he pursue that passion?
- David can seek God anywhere, but why is he particularly longing to do that in the tabernacle?
- What outcome does David anticipate from seeking God’s face?
Other passages to consider: Ex 34:5-8; Ps 27; 34:8; 42:1-2; 96; Luke 10:38-42; John 13:1-13; Gal 3:13-14; Eph 2:4-5; Phil 2:6-8; Col 1:15-20; Heb 1:1-3
- What is your #1 pursuit in life? How can you tell?
- Where do we see the beauty of God?
- What does it look like for you to seek God’s face? How can you grow in this?
- What about God do you find particularly beautiful? Take some time to praise Him for that.