Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Gathering of the Local Church
Sermon – The Gathering of the Local Church – 1 Peter 2:4-8
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- Why do we gather as a local church?
- What image does Peter give for the church? What do we learn about the church from this picture?
- How is Christ’s relationship to the church described?
Other passages to consider: Ex 19:3-6; Ps 96; 118:22-24; Isa 8:11-15; 28:14-16; 43:1-7; Matt 16:13-20; 21:42-46; Acts 4:8-12; 1 Cor 3:16-17; 14:24-25; Eph 2:13-22.
- What does it mean to worship God? How can we do this?
- In what ways does gathering corporately help us worship God and bring glory to him?
- Should church services be geared toward unbelievers? If not, how could God still use the gathering to bring salvation to the lost?
- What should people learn about God from attending a gathering of AGC?