Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Dawn of a Great Light
The Dawn of a Great Light – Matthew 4:12-17
- What was significant about the place where Jesus chose to minister? What does this say about the Gospel?
- Think about the Bible’s use of the term “darkness” to describe a person without Christ. What all does this say about their condition?
- Jesus is the Light of the World (John 8:12). What does this tell us about His saving work? (Hint: What does light do to darkness?)
- How does a person go from darkness to light? What does God do? What is man’s response?
- Who can you pray for who is in darkness? How might God use you to shine the light of Christ into their lives?
Other Verses to Consider:
Isa 9:1-2,6-7; Matt 5:14-16; 28:19; John 1:1-14; 3:19; 8:12; 12:46; 2 Cor 4:6; Eph 5:8; Col 1:13; 1 Pet 2:9