Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Seek and Serve the Lord in Secret
Seek and Serve the Lord in Secret – Matthew 6:1-6,16-18
Hypocrites practice acts of righteousness…
- Before others
- In order to be seen by them
- Reward = praise of men (no reward from God)
We should practice acts of righteousness…
- In __________
- __________ sees
- Our Father will __________
- Do you pray more with others or alone?
- What should our motive be in pursuing acts of righteousness?
- Do you tend to draw attention to your worship or how much you serve?
- Do you have a regular time of personally seeking the Lord? If not, establish a time, place, and plan for spending time with the Father.
Other Passages to Consider:
Deut 15:11; Ps 41:1; 63:1-8; Prov 19:17; Matt 5:20; 6:7-15;Lk 18:1-8; Rom 2:28-29