Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Overcome Evil with Good
Overcome Evil with Good – Matthew 5:38-42
Instead of ______________________, Jesus calls us to be willing to abandon our ______________________.
1) Turn the other cheek – v39b.
2) Let him have your cloak – v40.
3) Go the extra mile – v41.
4) Give to those who beg & borrow – v42.
- How is God glorified when we choose not to retaliate when we are done wrong?
- In addition to God being glorified, what other results can occur when we return good for evil?
- What attributes of God encourage us to not retaliate?
- How does the example of Christ help you obey this teaching in Matthew 5?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ex 21:22-25; Matt 26:52-54; Rom 12:9-21; 1 Cor 6:7; Phil 2:1-11; 3:20-21; 2 Thess 3:10; 1 Pet 2:18-25.