Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Holiness, not Hypocrisy
Holiness, not Hypocrisy-Matthew 23:1-12
1) _________________________ – vv1-4.
2) Pursue spiritual disciplines to ___________, not to ____________________ – v5.
3) Do not exalt yourself, rather ____________________________________ – vv6-12.
- How does hypocrisy hurt others and revile the name of Christ?
- Contrast what the scribes and Pharisees do in v4 with Christ’s invitation in Matt 11:28-30.
- Where are you tempted to exalt yourself? What does it look like for you to change?
Other passages to consider:
Prov 15:33; Matt 6:1-18; 15:7; 16:5-12; 20:25-28; James 4:6; 1 Pet 5:1-6.