Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Godly Ambition – 1 Corinthians 12:27-31
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What truths does Paul review in these verses?
- Why do you think Paul numbers the gifts first, second, third, etc in v28?
- What answer is Paul expecting in vv29-30? Why is he asking these questions?
Other passages to consider: Isa 49:16-17; Micah 4:2; Matt 25:14-30; Rom 12:3-8; 1 Cor 3:5-17; 4:6-13; 12-14; 2 Cor 12:12; Eph 2:19-22; 4:1-16; 1 Thess 5:19; Heb 2:3b-4; 1 Pet 4:7-11
- What are the higher gifts Paul exhorts them to desire?
- If God decides our spiritual gifts, why does Paul tell us to desire higher gifts?
- What things in life do people strive for? What would God have us pursue?
- What should be your focus in using your spiritual gift(s)?