Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Laying Aside My Rights for the Good of Others
Sermon – Laying Aside My Rights for the Good of Others - 1 Corinthians 9:1-23
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- What right is Paul explaining that he has?
- Why did Paul not exercise this right?
- Why does Paul discuss this here? How does this relate to the context in the letter?
Other passages to consider – Matt 20:20-28; Luke 10:1-12; John 13:1-15; Eph 4:1-3; Phil 2:1-11; 2 Cor 4:1-15; 1 Tim 5:17-20; 1 Pet 5:5-7.
- Why do we often feel like we must demand our rights? What will help us be willing to let go of them?
- How did Jesus model laying aside rights for the good of others?
- What does it look like to become all things to all people (v22) for the sake of the gospel?
- What “rights” could I currently set aside to help bring the gospel to others?