Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Two Appearances of Christ
Sermon – The Two Appearances of Christ – Titus 2:11-14
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- Notice that vv11-14 are one long sentence. What is the subject of that sentence?
- What is Paul referring to in v11 when he writes, “the grace of God has appeared”? What is significant about describing it that way?
- What does it look like for a believer to be waiting for the second coming of Christ?
Other passages to consider: Matt 24-25; Phil 3:17-21; 1 Thess 4:13-5:11; 2 Thess 1:5-12; Heb 9:25-28; 2 Pet 3.
- What did Christ accomplish with His first coming? How is this related to God’s grace?
- How are believers still dependent on the grace of God?
- What does v13 tell us about the return of Christ? What will be the purpose of His second coming?
- How should these two appearances (comings) of Christ affect how we live now?