Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Statement of Faith
We at Abounding Grace Church are in essential agreement with the London Baptist Confession of 1689. Click here to read this confession.
We believe and teach the five great confessional statements of the Reformation:
- Scripture alone We affirm the inerrant Scripture to be the sole source of written divine revelation, which alone can bind the conscience. The Bible alone teaches all that is necessary for our salvation from sin and is the standard by which all Christian behavior must be measured.
- Christ alone We affirm that our salvation is accomplished by the mediatorial work of the historical Christ alone. His sinless life and substitutionary atonement are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to the Father.
- Grace alone We affirm that in salvation we are rescued from God's wrath by his grace alone. It is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
- Faith alone We affirm that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. In justification Christ's righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God's perfect justice.
- Glory to God alone We affirm that because salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God, it is for God's glory and that we must glorify him always. We must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God, and for his glory alone!
We believe in the doctrines that have been known since the Reformation as total depravity, unconditional election, definite atonement, irresistible grace, and perseverance of the saints.