Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Posts Tagged "attributes"
The Life-giving Word
December 06, 2018
The Life-giving Word- John 1:1-5
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What passage of Scripture does vv1-5 remind you of? Why would John write this way?
- What do these verses tell you about the attributes of Jesus?
- Why does John call Jesus the Word? What does this title tell us about Jesus?
Other passages to consider: Gen 1; Ps 33:6; 107:20; Prov 8:22-31; Isa 55:10-11; Jer 1:4; Mic 5:2; Jn 1:1-18; 5:26; 8:12; 9:5; 11:25; 14:6; 17:3-5,20-24; 20:28-31; Col 1:15-20; Heb 1:1-4; 1 Jn 1-10
- How is Jesus uniquely qualified to make God known?
- How can Jesus be both God and with God?
- What is the relationship between creation and salvation?
- Throughout his Gospel, what does John use the terms life and light to describe?