Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Treasure of Your Heart - Matthew 6:19-24
Command – vv19-20
Condition – v21
Crucial – vv22-24
- What do I prize dearly? What am I passionate about? What do I pour resources & concern into?
- What should be the Christian’s view of money & possessions?
- How can we guard our hearts from treasuring the things of this world?
- If Jesus is my greatest treasure, what needs to change in my life?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ps 49:16-17; 73:25-26; Pr 4:23; 23:4-5; Matt 19:16-30; Phil 3:7-14; 1 Tim 6:17-19; Jam 4:4-8; 1 Jn 2:15-17
Loving Jesus More - Luke 14:25-26; Matthew 10:37
- What do you love/treasure?
- Why does Jesus demand that He be our most important relationship?
- How are any of us able to love Jesus?
- What can you do to grow in your love for Jesus?
- What do you find particularly lovely about Jesus?
Other passages to consider: Deut 6:4-9; Matthew 10:34-39; 13:44-46; Luke 7:36-50; 14:25-33; 18:18-30; John 12:20-26; 1 Cor 16:22; Jam 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:23-2:3; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-21