Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Core Commands for the Battle – 1 Corinthians 16:12-14
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What sins and temptations did the Corinthians need to be alert for?
- In the Bible what activity is linked to being watchful? Why?
- How would love take care of most of the problems plaguing the Corinthian church?
Other passages to consider: Josh 1:1-9; John 15:1-20; Acts 20:24-32; 1 Thess 5:1-11; 2 Thess 2:13-15; 1 Cor 4:10-14; 10:31; 13:1-3; Eph 5:15-17; 6:10-20; Col 4:2-6; 1 Pet 5:6-11; Heb 10:19-25
- What dangers do Christians need to be alert to in this present world?
- Why do Christians need courage? What frightening circumstances may we face?
- Where do courage, perseverance, and love come from? How do we tap into that?
- What dangers/temptations/distractions are your currently facing? Where can you find help?