Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The LORD is my strength and my shield - Psalm 28
- What happened when David trusted in the Lord? How are you blessed when you are able to trust God in your circumstances?
- What does the strength of the Lord enable His people to do? How do we receive (or tap into) that strength?
- Can we trust God? What makes Him trustworthy? What does it look like to trust Him?
Other Passages to consider:
Psalm 23; Prov 3:5-6; Matt 6:25-34; Jn 10:11-16; Eph 1:16-23; Phil 4:4-9; 1 Pet 5:7
Strength to Endure – 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
1) _________ of Comfort – v3
2) _________ of Comfort – v4,7
3) _________ of Comfort – vv4-6
4) _________ of Comfort – v7
- How does your soul respond to the titles for God in v3?
- What does the word “comfort” describe in our text?
- In what ways does God comfort His people in affliction?
- How have others helped you in times of trial?
- What have you learned during affliction that could help others?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ps 46:1-3; 103:6-14; 121:1-2; Isa 51:12-16; 66:13; Col 1:24