Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
How Disciples are to Treat Others – Matthew 7:12
- How Is Jesus’s standard more demanding than other ancient versions that stated this command in the negative – “Do not do to your neighbor what is hateful to you.”?
- How is this command related to “Loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength?”
- What hope do we have of obeying this command?
- How do you like to be treated? What will it look like for you to treat those around you like that?
Other Passages to Consider:
Deut 6:4-5; Mic 6:8; Matt 5:13-17; 22:24-40; Jn 13:34-35; Rom 13:8-10; 2 Cor 9:8; Gal 5:13-14; Jam 2:8; 1 Pet 1:22.
Following Christ - Mark 8:34-9:1
Preparing for the sermon:
- What does Jesus say is required to follow him?
- What things hinder a person from following Jesus?
- Why is it wrong to water down or omit completely the requirements for following Christ?
Other passages to consider: Daniel 7:9-14; John 6:60-69; Rom 6:1-6; Gal 2:20; 2 Thess 1:5-10
- How does the call to follow Christ still go out? Who could you call to follow Christ?
- Are the requirements to follow Christ a one-time decision or ongoing or both?
- In what areas do you need God’s help to deny yourself and come under Christ’s authority?