Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
God’s Design for Women Participating in the Church
1 Corinthians 14:33-40
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- Why is it important that the church gathering is conducted in an orderly way?
- In what areas of life has God designed an ordering of roles? What does this look like?
- What does Paul give as support for his commands to women? Where in the Law is he probably referring?
Other passages to consider: Gen 1:26-27; 2:18-23; Eccl 3:7; Isa 53:4-7; 1 Cor 11:2-16; 14:26-40; 1 Tim 2:11-14; 1 Pet 2:21-3:2
- How does being silent through submission point us to Christ in the Gospel?
- Does Paul ever expect a woman to speak when the church gathers? How does her silence give her a platform to speak later?
- Are Paul’s commands to women still applicable today or were they simply based on culture? Why or why not?
- Who else is this context is commanded to submit and be silent? When might we be called to respond that way?