Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Committing to Christ-Matthew 12:38-50
1) ___________ of Unbelief
2) ___________ of Unbelief
3) _______________ for His disciples.
- Was it a lack of evidence that caused the scribes & Pharisees to not believe in Jesus? If not, what was it?
- Why is it dangerous to be in close proximity to Christ and yet fail to commit to Him?
- Jesus calls His disciples family. How does that encourage you? What does it motivate you to do?
- What does a biblical commitment to Christ look like? Where do you need God’s grace to grow in that commitment?
Other passages to consider:
Numbers 13-14; 1 Kings 10:1-13; Hosea 2:1-7; Jonah 2-3; Matt 15:3-9; Mark 3:31-35; John 1:9-14; 1 Cor 1:18-25; 2 Peter 2:20-21.
Loving Jesus More - Luke 14:25-26; Matthew 10:37
- What do you love/treasure?
- Why does Jesus demand that He be our most important relationship?
- How are any of us able to love Jesus?
- What can you do to grow in your love for Jesus?
- What do you find particularly lovely about Jesus?
Other passages to consider: Deut 6:4-9; Matthew 10:34-39; 13:44-46; Luke 7:36-50; 14:25-33; 18:18-30; John 12:20-26; 1 Cor 16:22; Jam 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:23-2:3; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-21