Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
A Brand New Life
- Why did Jesus command that his disciples be baptized?
- How does baptism symbolize repentance?
- Why is repentance necessary in order to become a disciple?
- What truths are pictured by baptism?
Other Passages to Consider:
Isa 1:18; Matt 4:4; 28:18-20; Acts 2:22-41; Rom 6:1-7; 1 Cor 12:12-13; 2 Cor 5:17; Titus 3:3-7; Heb 10:22
God Saved Me - Titus 3:3-7
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- In v3, which verbs are active and which are passive? What does this show?
- What was not the grounds for our salvation? On what basis does God save us?
- What are we saved from?
Other passages to consider: Ezek 36:25-27; Luke 19:10; John 3:1-8; Rom 6:17-19; 2 Cor 4:4-6; Eph 2:1-10; Col 3:7; Titus 2:11-14; 1 John 4:14;
- What were you like before God saved you? How have you changed?
- How does God save us?
- What is true of you now that God has saved you?
- How does this passage give you hope that God can save unbelievers around you?