Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
What Faith Is and Does – Hebrews 11:1-3
Object of Faith –
Description of Faith – v1
1a – Faith is the ________________ of things hoped for.
1b – Faith __________________________________ of what God has promised.
2a – Faith is the _______________ of things not seen.
2b – Faith _______________ that what God promises will happen.
Result of Faith – _________________________ – v2
Outworking of Faith
- Is biblical faith a blind faith? Explain your answer.
- What is our faith based on? How then can our faith be strengthened?
- What is the connection between faith and what God has promised?
- How does faith enable us to follow Christ in obedience?
Other Passages to Consider:
Gen 1-2; John 1:18; 14:1-3; Rom 1:16-20; 8:23-25; 2 Cor 5:1-7; Gal 2:20; Heb 1:1-3.
Joy and Peace, Even When Life is Hard – Psalm 27
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- How does David describe the dangers he is facing? What emotions is David experiencing in the midst of this trouble?
- What is David’s passion in life? How does he pursue that passion?
- Why should confidence in God lead to seeking the Lord all the more?
Other passages to consider: Ex 34:5-8; Ps 13; 17; 23; 42:1-2; Isa 40:28-31; Luke 10:38-42; Eph 6:10-20; Heb 1:1-3
- What is your #1 pursuit in life? What should it be?
- What does it look like for you to seek God’s face? How can you grow in this?
- Why can you have peace even in the midst of trials?
- What are you waiting on the Lord for right now? How does this Psalm help you to wait?