Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Priority in Prayer – Matthew 6:9-10
1) God’s glory – “Hallowed by your name”
2) God’s reign – “Your kingdom come”
3) God’s will – “Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”
- What tends to be the focus of your prayers? What is Jesus showing should be our priority?
- What is the Kingdom of God? Explain how the Kingdom of God is already present, but not yet completed.
- How does God reveal His will? If we are going to pray, “Your will be done”, what commitment(s) do we need to make with regard to the Bible?
- How can we cultivate a God-centered focus in our lives?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ps 30:4; 97:12; 103:1; 111:9; Ezek 20:8-9; 36:20-23; Matt 7:21; 12:50; 1 Pet 3:15; Col 3:1-4; Titus 2:11-14.