Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Man of Sorrows – Matthew 26:36-46
1) The ____________________ of Christ’s Sufferings
2) Christ’s ____________________ His Sufferings
3) Christ’s ____________________ His Sufferings
- What does this passage reveal about Christ’s sufferings?
- How was Jesus helped by praying to the Father?
- How does this text remind us of Christ’s humanity?
- How did the disciples’ failure to pray affect them? (see Matt 26:30-35, 56, 69-75)
- Why is prayer vital in our battle against sin?
- As you consider what Jesus went through to save us, what is your response?
Other Passages to Consider:
Isa 51:17; Jer 25:15, 17; Matt 6:9-13; 2 Cor 5:21; Eph 6:10-20; Heb 4:14-16; 5:7-9; 1 Pet 2:24;
Pray with Confident Desperation – Ps 27:7-14
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What is David’s tone in vv7-12? Why?
- What is David asking for in his prayer?
- What effect did David’s prayer have on him?
Other passages to consider: Ps 25:4-5; Isa 40:25-31; Luke 18:1-8; Eph 3:14-21; 6:18; Phil 4:4-7; Heb 4:14-16; Jam 5:13-18
- Why don’t we pray?
- How should knowing God is for us motivate us to pray?
- Are you ever desperate in your prayers? Why or why not?
- What is God asking you to wait for in your life? What truths can you preach to yourself while you wait?