Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Treasure of Your Heart - Matthew 6:19-24
Command – vv19-20
Condition – v21
Crucial – vv22-24
- What do I prize dearly? What am I passionate about? What do I pour resources & concern into?
- What should be the Christian’s view of money & possessions?
- How can we guard our hearts from treasuring the things of this world?
- If Jesus is my greatest treasure, what needs to change in my life?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ps 49:16-17; 73:25-26; Pr 4:23; 23:4-5; Matt 19:16-30; Phil 3:7-14; 1 Tim 6:17-19; Jam 4:4-8; 1 Jn 2:15-17
All to Jesus, I Surrender - Luke 14:33
- What does renounce mean? How does this relate to being a disciple?
- Why can Jesus lay claim to all that I am and have?
- How can relationships and possessions get in the way of following Christ?
- What is a steward?
- How does being a steward affect my use of possessions?
- How can you be using what God has entrusted to you for His glory?
- Does Christ have first place in your life? If not, what is getting in the way?
Other passages to consider: Job 1:20-22; Matt 6:19-34; 13:44; Mark 4:18-19; Luke 12:13-21; 14:25-34; Acts 4:32-37; 2 Cor 9:6-11; Phil 3:7-11; Col 1:15-20; 1 Tim 6:6-10,17-19