Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Love Your Enemies – Matthew 5:43-48
1) World’s Standard – Only love those _____________. _____________your enemies.
2) Christ’s Command – Love_____________, including_____________.
3) God’s Character – Loving your enemies demonstrates you are_____________.
- How did God show love to you when you were His enemy?
- What does it look like to love our enemies? What examples does Jesus give in this text?
- How does Jesus enable us to keep this command?
- What “enemies” could you begin praying for?
Other Passages to Consider:
Lev 19:1-18; Mt 5:10-12; Lk 10:25-37; 23:34; Acts 7:60; Rom 5:1-11; 12:14-21; Eph 4:29-5:2; 1 Jn 4:7-12