Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Let Us Worship in a Fitting and Orderly Way
1 Corinthians 14:26-33,39-40
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What reasons does Paul give for our worship to be fitting and orderly?
- In vv27-35, Paul gives commands regarding three groups of people – who are these different groups?
- For these three groups, the commands have to do with what kind of activity in the church? What kinds of attitudes/actions are needed from everyone involved?
Other passages to consider: Ps 29:1-2; 96:1-9; 1 Cor 11; 14:1-5; 1 Thess 5:12-22; Heb 12:18-29; 1 Pet 5:5-7; 1 Jn 4:1-6
- How does disorder in the gatherings hinder the church being built up?
- Are there ways the gatherings of AGC could better demonstrate order and humility?
- How does disorder in church gatherings reflect poorly on God? What other traits would fail to glorify God?
- What qualities should our services be marked by to reflect the character/glory of God?