Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Responsible for One Another-Matthew 18: 15-20
1) - v15a
2) - vv15b-17
3) - vv18-20
- Why is it important that unrepentant sin is dealt with in the church?
- What do you notice about the process laid out in vv15-17? Who is responsible for carrying out this process?
- How does this passage point to the importance of church membership?
- How am I to be responsible for, and accountable to, my fellow church members?
Other passages to consider:
Lev 19:17; Deut 19:15; Matt 12:49-50; 16:19; 28:20; John 8:17; 16:19; 1 Cor 5; 1 Tim 5:19.
Every Member of Christ’s Body is Needed –
1 Corinthians 12:12-26
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What wrong views of fellow believers was happening at Corinth?
- What are some small, unnoticeable parts of your body that are very important?
- How is the church hindered when its members aren’t present or participating?
Other passages to consider: Isa 32:15; 44:3; Ezek 39:29; Joel 2:28-29; Acts 2:17; 1 Cor 10:17; Gal 3:27-28; Eph 2:13-22; 4:1-16
- How are you affected when one of your body parts is injured or missing?
- What might be your function in the Body of Christ?
- How do the truths of this passage relate to committing to church membership?
- How can we exercise care for one another in the Body of Christ?