Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
A Brand New Life
- Why did Jesus command that his disciples be baptized?
- How does baptism symbolize repentance?
- Why is repentance necessary in order to become a disciple?
- What truths are pictured by baptism?
Other Passages to Consider:
Isa 1:18; Matt 4:4; 28:18-20; Acts 2:22-41; Rom 6:1-7; 1 Cor 12:12-13; 2 Cor 5:17; Titus 3:3-7; Heb 10:22
All to Jesus, I Surrender - Luke 14:33
- What does renounce mean? How does this relate to being a disciple?
- Why can Jesus lay claim to all that I am and have?
- How can relationships and possessions get in the way of following Christ?
- What is a steward?
- How does being a steward affect my use of possessions?
- How can you be using what God has entrusted to you for His glory?
- Does Christ have first place in your life? If not, what is getting in the way?
Other passages to consider: Job 1:20-22; Matt 6:19-34; 13:44; Mark 4:18-19; Luke 12:13-21; 14:25-34; Acts 4:32-37; 2 Cor 9:6-11; Phil 3:7-11; Col 1:15-20; 1 Tim 6:6-10,17-19
Loving Jesus More - Luke 14:25-26; Matthew 10:37
- What do you love/treasure?
- Why does Jesus demand that He be our most important relationship?
- How are any of us able to love Jesus?
- What can you do to grow in your love for Jesus?
- What do you find particularly lovely about Jesus?
Other passages to consider: Deut 6:4-9; Matthew 10:34-39; 13:44-46; Luke 7:36-50; 14:25-33; 18:18-30; John 12:20-26; 1 Cor 16:22; Jam 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:23-2:3; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-21
Joy and Peace, Even When Life is Hard – Psalm 27
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- How does David describe the dangers he is facing? What emotions is David experiencing in the midst of this trouble?
- What is David’s passion in life? How does he pursue that passion?
- Why should confidence in God lead to seeking the Lord all the more?
Other passages to consider: Ex 34:5-8; Ps 13; 17; 23; 42:1-2; Isa 40:28-31; Luke 10:38-42; Eph 6:10-20; Heb 1:1-3
- What is your #1 pursuit in life? What should it be?
- What does it look like for you to seek God’s face? How can you grow in this?
- Why can you have peace even in the midst of trials?
- What are you waiting on the Lord for right now? How does this Psalm help you to wait?