Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Danger of Being Critical and Judgmental - Matthew 7:1-6
- How do we want others & especially God to treat us?
- How is the person in vv3-5 being hypocritical?
- Should Christians ever point out wrong? When and How?
- When should a Christian “shake the dust of their feet” with regard to someone? What should be the Christian’s attitude toward that person when that happens?
Other Passages to Consider:
2 Sam 12:1-9; Matt 6:14-15; 10:14; 18:15-17; Acts 13:46; 18:6; Rom 14:10-13; Jam 2:13; 4:11-12; 5:9.
The Promised King Has Come! – Matthew 1:1
- Have you ever waited a long time for something? How did you feel when finally the wait was over? How can you rejoice in the coming of Christ this Christmas season?
- Do you rejoice often about being rescued by Jesus? How can you regularly remember what Christ has done for you?
- What does Christ’s rule look like in your life? What areas do you need to bring under His Lordship?
- Because God sent the promised Messiah we know that God will keep the rest of His promises. What promises of God encourage you today?
- How will we experience Christ’s rescue and rule when He returns?
Other passages to consider:
2 Sam. 7:1-17; Isa 9:6-7; 11:1-5; Jeremiah 23:5-6; Amos 9:11; Acts 2:29-40; Eph 2:1-7; Col 1:13-14; 1 Thess 4:13-5:11; Heb 2:14-15