Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Sermon - Singular Devotion - 1 Corinthians 10:14-22
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- How is Paul’s command to flee from idolatry different that what the Corinthians were currently doing?
- What is God jealous for? Why is this right and good?
- What happens when we take the Lord’s Supper?
Other passages to consider – Ex 20:1-6; Deut 32:15-24; Joshua 24:12-24; Ps 86:8-13; Matt 22:34-40; 1 Cor 8-10; Eph 6:10-20; 2 Cor 4:3-6; 6:14-7:1; James 4:1-10; 1 Jn 2: 15-17
- Am I worshipping Christ alone or have I tried to blend in other beliefs and practices?
- What in my life is hindering my devotion to Christ? What changes do I need to make?
- How should the reality of demonic activity affect how I live?
- The Corinthians learned that eating idol food was serious and dangerous. Am I participating in anything that is evil or unwise?