Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Treasure of Your Heart - Matthew 6:19-24
Command – vv19-20
Condition – v21
Crucial – vv22-24
- What do I prize dearly? What am I passionate about? What do I pour resources & concern into?
- What should be the Christian’s view of money & possessions?
- How can we guard our hearts from treasuring the things of this world?
- If Jesus is my greatest treasure, what needs to change in my life?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ps 49:16-17; 73:25-26; Pr 4:23; 23:4-5; Matt 19:16-30; Phil 3:7-14; 1 Tim 6:17-19; Jam 4:4-8; 1 Jn 2:15-17
Radically Different (Better) Physical Bodies
1 Corinthians 15:35-44
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What were the Corinthians asking? What were they really doubting?
- How does a seed growing into a plant/tree relate to bodily resurrection?
- What do we learn about God’s creative power by observing the different earthly and heavenly bodies?
Other passages to consider: Gen 1; Ps 8; Rom 8:18-30; 1 Cor 1:18 -2:16; 2 Cor 4:16-5:10; Phil 3:21; Rev 21:1-6
- How do you envision your future resurrection body? Do you grasp how different and awesome it will be?
- In what areas are you tempted to doubt God’s power or wisdom? What shall you do?
- How does remembering our hope help us follow Christ now?
- What will it be life to worship Christ with no weakness or sin?