Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Going Low to Serve Others - John 13:1-20
- What was shocking about Jesus washing the disciples’ feet? How does the timing and inclusion of Judas make Christ’s action even more amazing?
- How does Jesus use this event to point to his sacrifice on the cross?
- What is the example that Jesus expects his disciples to emulate?
- How does the Gospel equip us to serve others in love and humility?
- How is God calling me to humbly serve those around me?
Other passages to consider:
Mark 10:42-45; Luke 22:24-27; John 13:34-35; 15:12-17; 1 Cor 6:11; Phil 2:1-11; 1 John 4:10-11
All to Jesus, I Surrender - Luke 14:33
- What does renounce mean? How does this relate to being a disciple?
- Why can Jesus lay claim to all that I am and have?
- How can relationships and possessions get in the way of following Christ?
- What is a steward?
- How does being a steward affect my use of possessions?
- How can you be using what God has entrusted to you for His glory?
- Does Christ have first place in your life? If not, what is getting in the way?
Other passages to consider: Job 1:20-22; Matt 6:19-34; 13:44; Mark 4:18-19; Luke 12:13-21; 14:25-34; Acts 4:32-37; 2 Cor 9:6-11; Phil 3:7-11; Col 1:15-20; 1 Tim 6:6-10,17-19