Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
A Brand New Life
- Why did Jesus command that his disciples be baptized?
- How does baptism symbolize repentance?
- Why is repentance necessary in order to become a disciple?
- What truths are pictured by baptism?
Other Passages to Consider:
Isa 1:18; Matt 4:4; 28:18-20; Acts 2:22-41; Rom 6:1-7; 1 Cor 12:12-13; 2 Cor 5:17; Titus 3:3-7; Heb 10:22
Loving Jesus More - Luke 14:25-26; Matthew 10:37
- What do you love/treasure?
- Why does Jesus demand that He be our most important relationship?
- How are any of us able to love Jesus?
- What can you do to grow in your love for Jesus?
- What do you find particularly lovely about Jesus?
Other passages to consider: Deut 6:4-9; Matthew 10:34-39; 13:44-46; Luke 7:36-50; 14:25-33; 18:18-30; John 12:20-26; 1 Cor 16:22; Jam 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:23-2:3; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-21
Following Christ - Mark 8:34-9:1
Preparing for the sermon:
- What does Jesus say is required to follow him?
- What things hinder a person from following Jesus?
- Why is it wrong to water down or omit completely the requirements for following Christ?
Other passages to consider: Daniel 7:9-14; John 6:60-69; Rom 6:1-6; Gal 2:20; 2 Thess 1:5-10
- How does the call to follow Christ still go out? Who could you call to follow Christ?
- Are the requirements to follow Christ a one-time decision or ongoing or both?
- In what areas do you need God’s help to deny yourself and come under Christ’s authority?