Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Sermon – Run to Win - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- Why did Paul use the picture of a runner and boxer with the Corinthians?
- What can we learn from athletes to help us in our Christian life?
- What contributed to the failure of the Israelites that Paul discusses in the next chapter?
Other passages to consider – Gen 39:1-12; Dan 1:8-20; 1 Cor 10:1-13; Phil 3:8-21; 1 Tim 4:7-9; 6:6-12; 2 Tim 4:6-8; Heb 12:1-16
- Are you living with a singular focus in life? What is it? What should it be? How could you be more intentional in how you live?
- What areas of self-denial and self-restraint will help you the most in your Christian life?
- How can you glorify God in your body? How could discipline would help you do that?
- How do our actions and pattern of life relate to our salvation?