Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Celebrating What Christ Accomplished
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What does the finished work of Christ refer to? What is significant about saying “finished”?
- Why did Christ institute the Lord’s Table?
- Why should the Lord’s Supper be a solemn occasion? Why should it also be a time of celebration?
Other passages to consider – Ex 12:1-28; 24:7-8; Ps 103; Isa 1:18; 53; Jer 31:31-34; Mark 10:32-45; Luke 22:7-30; 1 Cor 10:14-22; 11:17-34; Rev 19:6-10
- How does taking the Lord’s Supper help us to look forward to Christ’s return?
- We are told to examine ourselves before we take the Lord’s Supper. What should we be looking for?
- What steps can we take to ensure that God is glorified and the Body strengthened through our celebration of the Lord’s Table?
- How should the truth of being set free from sin affect your life?