Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Psalm 86 – Desperate, but Confident
- Why is David so desperate in this psalm?
- What gives David confidence that God hears him and will help him?
- Why should we have a desperate dependence on God? What does that look like on a daily basis?
- What about God and the Gospel gives you confidence to draw near to Him again and again?
Other Passages to Consider:
Ex 34:6-7; Matt 7:7-11; Luke 18:9-14; Eph 3:14-19; 6:10-20; Heb 4:14-16; 1 Jn 4:9-10
Pray with Confident Desperation – Ps 27:7-14
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What is David’s tone in vv7-12? Why?
- What is David asking for in his prayer?
- What effect did David’s prayer have on him?
Other passages to consider: Ps 25:4-5; Isa 40:25-31; Luke 18:1-8; Eph 3:14-21; 6:18; Phil 4:4-7; Heb 4:14-16; Jam 5:13-18
- Why don’t we pray?
- How should knowing God is for us motivate us to pray?
- Are you ever desperate in your prayers? Why or why not?
- What is God asking you to wait for in your life? What truths can you preach to yourself while you wait?