Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Sermon – Control Your Desires or Face Spiritual Ruin – 1 Corinthians 10:1-13
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- What do Christians have in common with the Israelites who were brought out of Egypt?
- What was the fate of the Israelites who came out of Egypt? Why did that happen?
- How does Israel serve as an example to the Corinthians and to us?
Other passages to consider – Ex 13:17-14:31; 16:1-17:7; 32:1-6; Num 14:1-35; 16:41-50; 20:2-13; 21:4-9; Ps 78:1-43; 106; Heb 3:7-4:13; 1 Pet 1:10-12
- How does God use examples in our lives?
- What was the root issue with the Israelites? How are the Corinthians showing they are in the same danger?
- In what areas do I need to exercise more self-control? How can I grow in self-control?
- How does v13 encourage us as we seek to be self-controlled?