Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Examine Your Heart-Matthew 12:33-37
- 1a) Your deeds and words reveal the ______________________ - vv33-34.
- 1b) What you treasure will ________________ - v35.
- 2) You will give ____________________ for your actions – vv36-37.
- 3) Only ____________________ can change the heart.
Digging Deeper :
- While only God can see the heart, how can we perceive the condition of a heart?
- What does it look like to guard your heart with all vigilance (Prov 4:23)?
- Why does behavior modification not produce lasting change? What is our only hope for heart change?
Other Passages to Consider :
Ps 141:3; Prov 4:23; Matt 7:16-20; 15:11; Rom 2:6; 2 Cor 5:9; Eph 4:29; Col 3:1-4; Jam 1:19; 3:1-12