Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
So, you want to be a Christian?
1) Following Jesus ____________________________.
2) Following Jesus ____________________________.
- -Identify something in your life that you find important enough to sacrifice for.
- -Explain this statement: In one sense, our salvation costs us absolutely nothing. In another sense, salvation costs us everything.
- -Why is Jesus worth whatever we are called to sacrifice?
Other Passages to Consider:
Matt 10:37-39; Mark 10:17-31; Luke 14:25-33; John 6:60-69; 12:1-7; Col 1:15-23; 2 Tim 2:1-9.
All to Jesus, I Surrender - Luke 14:33
- What does renounce mean? How does this relate to being a disciple?
- Why can Jesus lay claim to all that I am and have?
- How can relationships and possessions get in the way of following Christ?
- What is a steward?
- How does being a steward affect my use of possessions?
- How can you be using what God has entrusted to you for His glory?
- Does Christ have first place in your life? If not, what is getting in the way?
Other passages to consider: Job 1:20-22; Matt 6:19-34; 13:44; Mark 4:18-19; Luke 12:13-21; 14:25-34; Acts 4:32-37; 2 Cor 9:6-11; Phil 3:7-11; Col 1:15-20; 1 Tim 6:6-10,17-19