Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Vital Connection - John 15:1-6
- How do we know if a branch is alive and healthy?
- What are examples of fruit in a Christian’s life? Do you see fruit in your life?
- How does the vine and branches metaphor teach the need for ongoing connection with Christ?
- What does it look like to abide in Christ? How can you grow in abiding in Christ?
Other passages to consider:
Isa 5:1-7; Matt 4:4; 7:15-20; John 6:53-69; 13:21-30; 15:1-17; Gal 5:22-24; Col 1:3-8; Heb 12:5-11
Growing Together into Christ
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What picture does Paul give for the church in this passage? What parts of the body are identified?
- How many times does the text speak of the body growing or being built up? Why would God mention it so often?
- What does growth in the church look like? What is it contrasted with?
Other passages to consider: Matt 16:13-18; John 15:1-17; Acts 20:28-32; 1 Cor 12:12-13:7; Eph 2:11-22; 3:20-4:16; Col 1:15-20; 1 Pet 4:7-11
- How does God intend the church to grow?
- How does the text emphasize corporate growth rather than just individual? What does this say about the importance of involvement in the life of the church?
- What does it mean to grow up into Christ?
- Does your current commitment to the church match God’s intention? How can you be more connected to the body?