Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Nations Shall Worship King Jesus! – Matthew 2:1-12
- What is significant about magi from the east worshipping Jesus?
- Contrast the worship of the magi with the response of Herod and Jerusalem. How does this foreshadow what will happen to Jesus? (John 1:11)
- What is significant about Jesus being born in Bethlehem?
- How can you worship Jesus this Christmas season?
- What effect does the promise that all nations will worship Jesus have on you?
- How can you partner with gospel ministry to the nations?
Other Passages to Consider:
Gen 12:3; Num 24:17; 1 Kings 10:1-10; Ps 2:8; 45:17; 72; 86:8-10; Isa 60:1-6; Matt 8:11; 12:42; John 1:1-14
The Life-giving Word- John 1:1-5
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What passage of Scripture does vv1-5 remind you of? Why would John write this way?
- What do these verses tell you about the attributes of Jesus?
- Why does John call Jesus the Word? What does this title tell us about Jesus?
Other passages to consider: Gen 1; Ps 33:6; 107:20; Prov 8:22-31; Isa 55:10-11; Jer 1:4; Mic 5:2; Jn 1:1-18; 5:26; 8:12; 9:5; 11:25; 14:6; 17:3-5,20-24; 20:28-31; Col 1:15-20; Heb 1:1-4; 1 Jn 1-10
- How is Jesus uniquely qualified to make God known?
- How can Jesus be both God and with God?
- What is the relationship between creation and salvation?
- Throughout his Gospel, what does John use the terms life and light to describe?