Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Light of Salvation Has Come! – John 1:5-13
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What does light do to darkness? Why is light so needed in order to live?
- Why did most people not welcome the visit from their Creator?
- Why do some receive Jesus instead of rejecting him like the rest?
Other passages to consider: Gen 1:1-5; Ps 27:1; Isa 9:1-7; 42:1-7; Matt 4:12-17; Luke 1:76-79; 2:29-32; Jn 1:1-13; 3:1-21; 8:12; 9:5; 11:9-10; 12:35-36, 44-50; Acts 26:17-18; 2 Cor 4:1-6; Eph 5:6-16; 1 Pet 2:9; 1 Jn 1:5-10
- How does this passage describe the nearness of Christ’s incarnation? How does this display God’s grace?
- What does it look like to receive Jesus? What happens to those who do that?
- What are the blessings of being a child of God?
- Why do you follow Christ? How should you respond to this truth?