Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Shepherding the Flock
Acts 20:28; 1 Pet 5:1-4; Heb 13:17
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- How did the church come to be? How is the church described in the NT?
- What does a shepherd do for sheep? How does that describe how elders are to serve the church?
- What does it look like for elders to pay careful attention to all the flock and exercise oversight? What does that entail?
Other passages to consider: Ezek 34:1-10; John 10:7-18, 22-30; Acts 20:17-32; Col 1:28-29; 1 Thess 2:1-12; 1 Tim 3:1-7; Heb 13:7-9, 12-21
- How does a man become an elder? Who puts him in that position?
- How, practically speaking, can elders keep watch over the souls of the church?
- Given God’s design, what responsibility do Christians have to the church and to elders?
- What should motivate elders to diligently care for the flock? What should not motivate them?