Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
What Faith Is and Does – Hebrews 11:1-3
Object of Faith –
Description of Faith – v1
1a – Faith is the ________________ of things hoped for.
1b – Faith __________________________________ of what God has promised.
2a – Faith is the _______________ of things not seen.
2b – Faith _______________ that what God promises will happen.
Result of Faith – _________________________ – v2
Outworking of Faith
- Is biblical faith a blind faith? Explain your answer.
- What is our faith based on? How then can our faith be strengthened?
- What is the connection between faith and what God has promised?
- How does faith enable us to follow Christ in obedience?
Other Passages to Consider:
Gen 1-2; John 1:18; 14:1-3; Rom 1:16-20; 8:23-25; 2 Cor 5:1-7; Gal 2:20; Heb 1:1-3.
The Paramount Importance of the Resurrection
1 Corinthians 15:12-19
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What are the essential components of the Gospel?
- What is the connection between Christ’s resurrection and our future resurrection?
- Is it that big of a deal if someone denies the resurrection of the dead? What is at stake?
Other passages to consider: Ps 19:7-11; Rom 4:25; 1 Cor 6:14; 15:1-20; 2 Cor 4:14; 5:8; Phil 1:21,23; 1 Thess 4:13-18
- Why is it so important that the Bible is without error?
- How does our salvation depend on Christ’s resurrection?
- How does our sure hope of a future resurrection impact our lives in the present?