Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Sermon – Promised Seed of Abraham – Galatians 3:6-19
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What promises did God make to Abraham?
- How do these promises point forward to Christ?
- Who are the true children of Abraham?
Other passages to consider: Gen 12:1-7; 15:1-21; 17:1-8; Matt 1:1; Luke 1:55,73; John 8:39-59; Rom 4; 2 Cor 1:20; Gal 3:6-29.
- Why does Matthew begin his Gospel by calling Jesus the son of Abraham?
- How were God’s promises to Abraham initially fulfilled? How are they ultimately fulfilled?
- How does a person inherit these promises?
- What does the Scripture say about the certainty of these promises? How does the incarnation of Christ also give us confidence in God’s promises?
- What effect should sharing in this inheritance have in our present lives?