Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Undeserved Treatment – 2 Corinthians 5:21
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- In v21, who is acting on behalf of whom?
- What does it mean for Christ to be made sin?
- v21 says we become the righteousness of God. How can this be? Where does this righteousness come from?
Other passages to consider: Ps 103:10-12; Isa 53:4-12; Mark 10:45; Rom 3:21-26; 4:6-8; Rom 5:1, 6-8, 18; 2 Cor 5:14-21; Gal 3:13-14; Phil 3:9; Heb 4:15; 10:11-14; 1 Pet 2:24
- This passage speaks of reconciliation with God. What does the word reconciliation tell us about the nature of God and our sin?
- What needed to be true of Christ in order for him to be our substitute?
- How do we benefit from Christ’s atoning work? Where in v21 is that pointed out?
- What applications of this great truth do you see in the immediate context of v21?