Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Joy in the Midst of Pain – 1 Peter 1:6-9
Reason #1 – The grounds for our joy is our ______________________.
Reason #2 – God has a __________________ for our temporary pain.
Purpose #1 – Assuring us of our ______________ of our salvation/inheritance
(proving the genuineness of our faith)
Purpose #2 – Increasing our ________________ of our salvation.
(purifying the quality of our faith)
- What is the danger of tying our joy to our circumstances?
- Why is the joy of the Christian unshakable – even in the midst of pain?
- How does God use trials in our lives?
- Do you tend to grow closer to God in times of difficulty? Why?
- What (or better, who) is our ultimate inheritance? (see Rom 8:17, Matt 5:8)
Other Passages to Consider:
Matt 5:10-12; John 16:33; 20:29; Rom 8:16-18; Phil 3:10-11; Jam 1:2-4; 1 Pet 4:12-13)