Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Posts Tagged "1 Peter"
Gathering to Worship God
August 16, 2018
Sermon – Gathering to Worship God – 1 Peter 2:4-12
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What does it mean to worship God? How are we able to approach God?
- Why does Peter say that we are being built into a spiritual building?
- What activities does the Bible say we should be doing when we gather to worship?
Other passages to consider: Ex 19:3-6; 2 Ch 6:12-21; Ps 96; Isa 43:1-7; Acts 2:42-47; Rom 12:1-2; 1 Cor 14:24-26; Eph 5:19-20; Phil 4:18; Col 3:16; 1 Tim 2:8; 4:13; Heb 10:19-25; 12:18-29; 13:15-16; Rev 8:3.
- How can our society’s consumer mindsight distort gathering to worship?
- Is worship optional? Why or why not?
- How can we prepare our hearts to gather to worship?
- In what ways does gathering corporately help us to worship God?