Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
The Supremacy of Love
The Supremacy of Love – 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- How does Paul contrast love with spiritual gifts?
- V10 says “but when the perfect come…” – what is Paul referring to?
- Having argued for the supremacy of love in chapter 13, how does Paul immediately exhort the Corinthians?
Other passages to consider: Num 12:6-8; Deut 6:4-9; 34:10; Isa 65:17; John 13:31-35; 15:1-17; 17:20-26; Rom 13:8-10 1 Cor 13:1-14:1; 1 Tim 1:5; 1 John 2:28-3:3; 4:7-21
- Why is love superior to spiritual gifts?
- Why would spiritual gifts no longer be needed when Christ returns?
- How is love superior to even faith and hope?
- How can you grow in loving God and loving others?