Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Love Doesn’t Do That
Love Doesn’t Do That – 1 Corinthians 13:4b-6
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- How have the Corinthians acted in the unloving ways described in vv4b-6?
- What do these unloving actions do to the health of a church and its ability to glorify God?
- How do these unloving actions manifest themselves in congregations today? How can a church put off these actions?
Other passages to consider: Mark 10:45; John 3:30; Rom 12:21; 1 Cor 1:26-31; 3:1-4; 4:6-7; 5:6-8; 6:6-8; 10:23-24; 11:21-22; 12:14-27; 2 Cor 5:19; Gal 2:20; 1 Tim 2:5-6
- How would you summarize these negative actions?
- How could love help prevent you from sinning in these areas?
- Are you acting in any of these unloving ways? If so, what do you need to do?
- What would be the effect of a church that didn’t treat each other this way, but instead truly served one another in love?