Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
God Has Come to Rule and Save
God Has Come to Rule and Save – Matthew 3:1-12
- What did John’s location, clothing, and diet point to?
- How did John prepare people for Jesus’s ministry?
- What is repentance? Why does John emphasize bearing fruit with repentance?
- Why was John baptizing people? What was new about his baptism?
- What is the kingdom of heaven (God)? How is it present already?
- What role should repentance have in the life of a Christian?
Other Passages to Consider:
1 Kings 17:3-7; 2 Kings 1:7-8; Isa 4:4; 10:33-34; 30:27-28; 32:25; 40:1-11; Ezek 36:26-27; Joel 3:1-2; Zech 13:4,9; Hos 2:14-15; Mal 3:2-4; 4:5-6; Matt 11:14; 17:17:11-13; John 8:39-44; Rom 4:11-18; 9:6-8