Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
A New Way of Life
A New Way of Life - 1 Corinthians 15:44-49
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What was Adam’s life marked by? Now compare/contrast that with the risen Christ. How do Adam and Christ serve as representatives of large groups of people?
- How did Adam become alive? Does Christ receive life or give life? Explain.
- What does it mean to be in the image of God? How has sin affected this?
Other passages to consider: Gen 1:26-31; 2:7; 5:1-3; 9:6; Ezek 37:1-14; Rom 8:9-11,18-30; 1 Cor 2:14-16; 3:18-4:6; 4:16-5:10; Phil 3:20-21; Rev 21:1-6
- What is this world marked by? How do our present lives reflect that?
- What will characterize the new heaven and new earth? How will our resurrected lives reflect that?
- What will it be like to bear the image of the risen Christ? How will that fully restore the image of God in us?
- How would your life be different if you were fully directed and empowered by the Holy Spirit?